shield

Bella

all messages by user

8/8/2017
Topic:
Jerry Sullivan: Cutting Adolphus Washington would

Bella
Bella
The question for me isn't whether the Bills should cut Adolphus Washington, but what they would do if it were Marcell Dareus, or some other prized member of the roster who had who had run afoul of the law?, LeSean McCoy
who has pleaded not guilty to misdemeanor charges of improperly carrying a concealed weapon in a parking lot outside a water park in Cincinnati on July 7.,I understand the calls for Sean McDermott to take a strong stand against Washington
McDermott has promised to be tough on character and discipline as the Bills' new head coach. Washington, is accused of displaying a handgun within a few feet of police without informing them beforehand., a second-year defensive tackle
At the very least, it seems Washington was guilty of poor judgment. He had a permit for the firearm, as recent events have shown., but he left it in a three-wheeled Polaris Slingshot with an open top. Handling a gun in close proximity to police officers is dubious and potentially catastrophic behavior
But stupidity doesn't qualify as a firing offense. If so,Authentic James Bradberry Jersey, Dareus would be long gone. His list of indiscretions is well-chronicled: Suspended for lateness in back-to-back games; multiple suspensions for pot smoking; crashing his car while street racing one day after vowing,Authentic Shaq Thompson Jersey, to be on his best behavior.,womens Shaq Thompson Jersey, in the aftermath of a marijuana arrest
Presumably,Authentic Leonard Floyd Jersey, but what would the message be to the team? That some players are more expendable than others?, McDermott and general manager Brandon Beane would send a powerful message by cutting Washington. But they should be careful. They could score points with the fans with such a bold move
the last hotshot defensive coordinator who came to Buffalo talking tough through his bullhorn. Players don't fall into line so easily nowadays; they can see through an obvious attempt to play the tough guy.,All new coaches like to prove they're in charge. It's not that easy. Ask Gregg Williams
It's not how McDermott looks in public that counts. It's how he looks in his own locker room. Players respect consistency. They're not dummies. If Washington gets whacked, a second-year guy who lost playing time late in his rookie year., they'll know it was because he was a marginal player
I know. He was charged with soliciting a prostitute at Ohio State two years ago and was suspended for the Fiesta Bowl. The Bills could release him and justify it as unloading a player who was on thin ice and should have bent over backwards to avoid further trouble.,This isn't Washington's first brush with the law
Fine. But despite the outsized faith placed in him by a desperate fan base, the Bills became a haven for young players who made the most of second chances., McDermott is new to the job. His main job is winning the trust of his players. What example would it set to cut Washington? In recent years
he wants to set his own standards. He's not responsible for any permissive leadership that preceded him. He wasn't the one who gave Dareus all those chances.,This is McDermott's first head coaching gig. Naturally
But the Pegulas did. They gave Dareus a $100 million contract extension, and got mainly grief in return. They gave second chances to players with minor offenses in their backgrounds. A team's policy for discipline should emanate from ownership. It can't fluctuate based on who is coaching the team., despite his repeated indiscretions
I'm not saying the Bills shouldn't have a high standard for behavior. But cutting Washington after his arrest in Cincinnati would be a gross overreaction,Authentic Daryl Worley Jersey,Authentic Devin Funchess Jersey, a transparent attempt to show there's a new sheriff in town. And I wonder,womens Devin Funchess Jersey,womens Daryl Worley Jersey,womens Leonard Floyd Jersey, rather than one of Doug Whaley's reaches?,womens James Bradberry Jersey, would they have done the same thing if it were one of Beane's draft picks
8/9/2017
Topic:
Training camp countdown: 8. What should be expecte

Bella
Bella
This is the third in a 10-part series previewing some of the biggest questions the Buffalo Bills will have to answer when training camp begins July 27 at St. John Fisher College in Pittsford.
Although he’s no longer a rookie,Authentic Shane Ray Jersey, training camp will still be brand new to Shaq Lawson.
and when he finally did return for the final 10 games of his first professional season,Authentic Jeff Heuerman Jersey,The Buffalo Bills’ first-round draft pick in 2016 missed every practice last year at St. John Fisher College because of shoulder surgery. That put him behind,womens Jeff Heuerman Jersey, results were predictably underwhelming.
So there might not be a player on the Bills more looking forward to getting on the practice field in Pittsford than Lawson,womens Shane Ray Jersey, who will carry with him lofty expectations for 2017.
“It’s time to bring what I had back when I was in college,” Lawson said matter-of-factly last month. “I’m going to live up to that. That’s what they want me to do. I’m going to give them a reason why they draft me here as a first-round pick.”
he’ll be giving that reason to an entirely new front office and coaching staff. Gone is the pairing of General Manager Doug Whaley and Rex Ryan. In their place from the Carolina Panthers are Brandon Beane and Sean McDermott,Of course, respectively.
he took his 3-4 scheme with him. It’s safe to assume Lawson wasn’t shedding any tears about that. A former defensive end in college, the 6-foot-3,When Ryan went out the door, 270-pounder never got comfortable being asked to play outside linebacker.
because it was very difficult. The playbook we had last year was difficult to learn,” Lawson told reporters last month. “The" new "defense is simple. … It’s the same thing I ran at Clemson. I picked it up a lot faster,“I had to make sure I didn’t mess up an assignment, and I’m very comfortable right now and I’m ready to play ball.”
the University at Buffalo product who might be the best defensive player in the league today, had four sacks as a rookie,Authentic Adam Gotsis Jersey,It’s not unheard of for young pass rushers to take some time to adjust to the NFL level. Khalil Mack,Authentic Ty Sambrailo Jersey,Authentic Taylor Decker Jersey, then increased that total to 15 in his second year.
There are plenty of other examples just like that: Olivier Vernon went from 3.5 sacks to 11.5 with the Miami Dolphins before landing a massive contract with the New York Giants. Chandler Jones jumped from six sacks to 11.5 with the New England Patriots in his second year before later being traded to Arizona. Robert Quinn more than doubled his output with the Rams,womens Taylor Decker Jersey,womens Ty Sambrailo Jersey, from five sacks as a rookie in 2011 to 10.5 in 2012.
and Lawson,womens Adam Gotsis Jersey,That should give the Bills, hope that Year Two will be much more productive than 2016.
“I like where he is,” coach Sean McDermott said of Lawson during spring practices. “I like his skill set.”
Beane and McDermott scouted Lawson closely while he was at Clemson and they were in Carolina.
"I was familiar with his skill set and who he was as a person," the coach said.
The Bills took Lawson with the 19th overall pick in the first round. The Panthers took defensive tackle Vernon Butler with the 30th overall selection that year.
when you transition to the NFL, it’s a different game,“As we all know,” McDermott said.
Lawson’s transition didn’t even make it out of rookie minicamp before it was determined he needed shoulder surgery. That meant no workouts in the spring or summer – valuable time for any rookie. Expecting much more than what Lawson was able to give the Bills in 10 games – seven tackles, two sacks and a forced fumble – would have been unfair.
however, and the expectations are drastically different. He’s healthy and has been able to get an entire offseason of training under his belt. He's got an established pass rusher in Jerry Hughes who defenses will have to account for, and perhaps most important of all,One year later, he’s in a defense that better suits his style of play.
8/10/2017
Topic:
Mike Preston: Ravens need a healthy Breshad Perrim

Bella
Bella
The Ravens are keeping quiet about the availability of receiver Breshad Perriman. Maybe it’s because his hamstring injury is more serious than expected or there is no need to rush him back onto the practice fields.
It’s probably the latter. Perriman, in his third season, an unhealthy group of tight ends and an injured quarterback who is good but not great., is the X-factor of the offense in 2017. Everything else about this unit is predictable. The Ravens have a solid running game, a below average offensive line
The top two receivers are set and they know what they’re getting there, too. On one side is speedster Mike Wallace,Authentic Haason Reddick Jersey, who can play inside or outside and become a possession-type receiver., who can turn a short pass into a big play. Then there is versatile veteran Jeremy Maclin
As for Perriman,Authentic Dorian Johnson Jersey, he has no value at this time but he is an intriguing prospect. As of Thursday he missed his third straight practice with a hamstring injury.
Before the injury Perriman was having a good training camp. In fact,womens Dorian Johnson Jersey, there was notable progress in every offseason minicamp. His confidence had grown and you could see it in his route running., since last season
He was getting his arms away from his body to catch passes. His sheer speed allowed him to blow by cornerbacks. Perriman was starting to look like the receiver the Ravens expected when they made him the team’s top draft pick and No. 26 overall selection in the 2015 NFL draft.
Those dreams aren’t gone but the Ravens are in limbo even though hope is still alive.
“He was having a good camp. I’m excited about him. Things happen for a reason,womens Haason Reddick Jersey, and maybe this is a blessing in disguise,” Ravens coach John Harbaugh said after Thursday’s practice. “We’ll continue to work on all the things he needs to work on, and things like that., in terms of his body, catching
“I would say he’s had a ‘plus’ camp, and hopefully, but that’s what we have right now.”, it’ll lead to a really good season. I’ll also follow with: I wish we had him out there practicing the rest of the time,Authentic Budda Baker Jersey, obviously
If Perriman can play and stay healthy,Authentic Chad Williams Jersey,Authentic T. J. Logan Jersey, he presents a lot of problems for defenses. Like Wallace a year ago,womens T. J. Logan Jersey,womens Chad Williams Jersey, Perriman can work underneath and turn a short clearing pass into a long gainer.,womens Budda Baker Jersey, when he teamed with Steve Smith Sr.
With Wallace as the No. 1 receiver and Maclin in the slot, Perriman should be able to win a lot of matchups against No. 2 or No. 3 cornerbacks. He can be the primary target or a decoy, which is the great equalizer., but opposing teams always have to respect Perriman because of his speed
“I hope you guys see what I see just in terms of his approach mentally – [it’s] great, but the route running and catching the football has greatly improved. I think he has been a lot more consistent.”,” Ravens receivers coach Bobby Engram said. “You see the raw speed on the field
We’ve only seen glimpses of Perriman’s star potential. He was targeted 66 times last season and had 33 catches for 499 yards and three touchdowns. But for each tough catch he made there were several others that simply bounced off his hands or body.
8/11/2017
Topic:
Breshad Perriman Out Of Spotlight For Ravens Since

Bella
Bella
It was a widely held belief that the Baltimore Ravens through the NFL Draft and free agency had not adequately addressed the wide receiver position in the wake of the retirement of Steve Smith. Mike Wallace, was the closest they had to a sure thing.,womens Carlos Henderson Jersey, who they had only signed the year before
though it will depend upon how well they are able to utilize their skill sets.,That is until they managed to sign sudden cast-off free agency Jeremy Maclin after he was released by the Chiefs in a late unanticipated move. Maclin and Wallace figure to make for an interesting combination for the Ravens’ offense
however,One of the largely unexplored ramifications of the signing of Maclin, is the consequences it will have on third-year wide receiver Breshad Perriman, but contributed in a supporting role with fine results last year.,womens Xavier Woods Jersey, whom the team drafted in the first round of the 2015 NFL Draft. He missed all of his rookie season due to an injury
Not that it is overly important how one particular player on a roster performs, of course, and adding to your wide receiver talent can hardly be viewed in a negative light., as the ultimate goal is for the team to succeed and win games
With Wallace, Maclin,Authentic Xavier Woods Jersey, and Perriman,womens Garett Bolles Jersey, which is not something that anybody found themselves saying just a month or two ago. It is virtually forgotten about that they also lost Kamar Aiken as well., Baltimore could now potentially have a respectable,Authentic Brendan Langley Jersey,if not quite good group of wide receivers
Perriman did manage to play in all 16 games for the Ravens last season, womens Demarcus Walker Jersey,under 43 percent of the team’s total offensive snaps. He did produce 33 receptions for 499 yards and three touchdowns., though he only logged 484 snaps
His two contests against the Steelers were neither great nor terrible, catching three passes in each of them for 65 total yards, and another of 39., nearly split evenly between the two games. He only had more than three catches once on the year,Authentic Demarcus Walker Jersey, . He did have three catches of 40 or more yards
There are some who believe that the signing of Maclin will be of benefit for Perriman, which is already a bigger role than he had a year ago in terms of consistent playing time., who now is obviously facing far less pressure to perform. The expectation is that he will be their primary third receiver this year
though,With the pressure off, the thinking is that he can now develop at his own pace without the burden of having to perform or else. For what it’s worth,Authentic Garett Bolles Jerseyhe has been getting glowing reviews for his work during spring drills.,Authentic Carlos Henderson Jersey,womens Brendan Langley Jersey, though
8/12/2017
Topic:
Preston: After strong offseason, Matthew Judon on

Bella
Bella
Few players can reshape their body in such a short time the way Matthew Judon did.
A year ago,Authentic Kevin White Jersey, after a strong offseason in the weight room during which he lost 15 pounds,Authentic Eddie Goldman Jersey, he was a rookie outside linebacker from Grand Valley State who had good power but carried too much weight. Now,he is on the verge of becoming possibly the team’s best all-around linebacker.
No Ravens player can attest to that more than right tackle James Hurst,womens William Jackson Jersey, who has seen Judon every day in practice for the past two training camps.
“He’s definitely got the burst, womens Hroniss Grasu Jersey, I would say that he was more of a power guy. This year,” Hurst said. “Last year, he is more balanced. I think he dropped a little weight. So he’s got that burst off the line to threaten you that maybe he didn’t have in his rookie year.
“So, I think it’s going to be great for him. I think we’re going to see the results on the field in sacks when they pile up for him.”
The sack total is likely to improve from a year ago,womens Eddie Goldman Jersey, , but the Ravens want to see more tackles. Judon is making the transition from rush linebacker to the strong side. He was a part-time “go fetch” type of player last season, and his main job was to get to the quarterback.
Now,womens Kevin White Jerseyhe has to take on tight ends on running plays. He also has to hold the edge,Authentic William Jackson Jerseyhe has to hold the perimeter. Instead of coming off the outside shoulder of a tackle, which means he is consistently meeting 320- to 335-pound pulling guards head on.
“I am cutting them all. Put that in the headlines for tomorrow, laughing. ,Authentic Tyler Boyd Jersey, “Pulling guards are getting cut. But seriously,” said Judon, this is a good opportunity for me. I am involved in getting more drops [into pass coverage] and I am moving around all over the field. It’s good to be involved in more plays.”
Judon could turn into one of the team’s biggest success storiesAuthentic Hroniss Grasu Jersey,. He was a fifth-round pick in the 2016 NFL draft but became a fan favorite last preseason with defensive tackle Michael Pierce as they kept contributing sacks.
Ravens coach John Harbaugh was reluctant to give Judon a lot of playing time because there were so many other players ahead of him like Terrell Suggs,womens Tyler Boyd Jersey, Elvis Dumervil, Za’Darius Smith and Albert McClellan.
8/12/2017
Topic:
Matthew Judon on verge of becoming Ravens' best l

Bella
Bella
Few players can reshape their body in such a short time the way Matthew Judon did.
A year ago, he was a rookie outside linebacker from Grand Valley State who had good power but carried too much weight. Now, he is on the verge of becoming possibly the team’s best all-around linebacker., after a strong offseason in the weight room during which he lost 15 pounds
No Ravens player can attest to that more than right tackle James Hurst,womens Nick Vigil Jersey, who has seen Judon every day in practice for the past two training camps.
I would say that he was more of a power guy. This year,womens Cedric Ogbuehi Jersey,” Hurst said. “Last year,Authentic Tyler Kroft Jersey,“He’s definitely got the burst,he is more balanced. I think he dropped a little weight. So he’s got that burst off the line to threaten you that maybe he didn’t have in his rookie year.
“So, I think it’s going to be great for him. womens Paul Dawson Jersey, I think we’re going to see the results on the field in sacks when they pile up for him.”
but the Ravens want to see more tackles. Judon is making the transition from rush linebacker to the strong side. womens Jake Fisher Jersey,He was a part-time “go fetch” type of player last season,The sack total is likely to improve from a year ago, and his main job was to get to the quarterback.
he has to take on tight ends on running plays. He also has to hold the edge, he has to hold the perimeter. Instead of coming off the outside shoulder of a tackle,Now,Authentic Nick Vigil Jersey,which means he is consistently meeting 320- to 335-pound pulling guards head on.
laughing. “Pulling guards are getting cut. But seriously,womens Tyler Kroft Jersey,” said Judon,Authentic Paul Dawson Jersey,“I am cutting them all. Put that in the headlines for tomorrow, this is a good opportunity for me. I am involved in getting more drops [into pass coverage] and I am moving around all over the field. It’s good to be involved in more plays.”
Judon could turn into one of the team’s biggest success stories. Authentic Cedric Ogbuehi Jersey,He was a fifth-round pick in the 2016 NFL draft but became a fan favorite last preseason with defensive tackle Michael Pierce as they kept contributing sacks.
Elvis Dumervil,Ravens coach John Harbaugh was reluctant to give Judon a lot of playing time because there were so many other players ahead of him like Terrell Suggs, Za’Darius Smith and Albert McClellan.Authentic Jake Fisher Jersey,
8/16/2017
Topic:
Countdown to Camp: Day 5 – Neal looking to make bi

Bella
Bella
ing them ready to play and having them be productive. Again, those young guys,womens Jake Fisher Jersey,” defensive passing-game coordinator Jerome Henderson said. “You hope they come back and come back at that level. That’s the expectation. I think their coaches,womens Tyler Kroft Jersey, were playing as well as anybody in the NFL at the end of the year,womens Paul Dawson Jersey,“We hope that those guys,womens Corey Coleman Jersey, coach (Doug Mallory) and coach (Jeff Ulbrich) did a phenomenal job with those two you players (Keanu Neal and Deion Jones), we just hope that we start at the level that we ended the season at and we go up from there.
“I think those guys made the jump from the beginning of the season to the middle of the season to the end of the season. They played a lot of football,womens Emmanuel Ogbah Jersey, more than most rookies. They were playing the whole way and then going into the playoffs and playing those games against really good competition. You hope that they make another jump this year.”
s and skill sets that you’re looking for, whether if it’s a linebacker or safety,” Mallory said. “Again, they have to be able to play man coverage,“In our system,Authentic Jake Fisher Jersey, when we built the team and as you drafted for it or picked up guys in free agency,Authentic Tyler Kroft Jersey, guys that do have the ability to play man coverage.
but he’s got to be athletic enough to match up and cover a tight end.”,Authentic Paul Dawson Jersey,“When you look at a guy like Keanu and the position that he plays,Authentic Corey Coleman Jersey, which is probably one of the more difficult positions to play in our system,Authentic Emmanuel Ogbah Jersey, because he’s a hybrid between a free safety and a linebacker. There are times when he’s down in the box like a linebacker would
8/17/2017
Topic:
Josh Mauro's Impact? "Put On The Film"

Bella
Bella
Josh Mauro was a free agent this offseason.,Like Calais Campbell
who signed with Jacksonville. Like Campbell,Mauro was restricted, unlike the unrestricted and soon-to-be-rich Campbell, to be honest – know little about Mauro., few outside Arizona – and many within,womens Benardrick McKinney Jersey, Mauro was a key part of a defensive line that finished second in the NFL in team defense. Unlike Campbell
knowing what Mauro does for the Cardinals.,womens Jaelen Strong Jersey,Mauro’s statistics won’t jump at anyone. His coaches do not care
” said Mauro,“It’s bigger than you,womens Ryan Kelly Jersey, whom the Cardinals plucked off the Steelers practice squad in his rookie 2014 season. “It’s bigger than you making plays, it’s bigger than getting your name called, it’s bigger than the newspaper having your numbers.”
Mauro isn’t one of the ones replacing the departed Campbell because Mauro already was a starter – 13 times in 15 gameswomens Kevin Johnson Jersey,
last season. He did not record a sack, the compliments flow., yet anytime his name comes up
“He’s not under my radar, as consistent.,” coach Bruce Arians said. “He might be under the national radar with those who say we don’t have a defensive line. Josh has been as good a player as we’ve had on the defensive line
I never look his way because his job is getting done.”,“When he’s in the game
From the time he arrived in mid-November of 2014, a week later he was starting in Seattle and impressing.Authentic Benardrick McKinney Jersey, Playing along the line in a base 3-4 defense – something Mauro has done since his days at Stanford – being the guy who holds up blockers so others can make plays is in the job description., Mauro earned trust. Grabbed from the Steelers on a Friday
you’re not a good football player,“We’re in the age if you don’t have 35 sacks, if you ain’t doing all this or that,he’s made us better on defense.”,he’s produced. Not in the tackles maybe but he’s made someone’s job easier,Authentic Jaelen Strong Jersey,” defensive line coach Brentson Buckner said. “Put on the film. We signed Josh and every time he touched the field
Arians said Mauro and linebacker Markus Golden “play harder than anyone we have.” Mauro’s eyes light up when talking about playing the game itself,ou just go.”,womens T.J. Green Jersey, the passion each play and those “five to seven seconds when you don’t think about anything
relatively speaking. But Buckner praised Mauro’s traits of being physical,The two-year contract he signed in the spring isn’t for major dollars, tough and a refusal to be blocked. Mauro was built to be a three-down linemanAuthentic Kevin Johnson Jersey, , Buckner added, and “it’s time for him to take his rightful place.”
Will that result in suddenly gaudy stats? Probably not.Authentic T.J. Green Jersey, Mauro is convinced that those who know football appreciate what he does, Baltimore’s Brandon Williams – who have gotten nice deals., and notes that there have been similar players – Pittsburgh’s Casey Hampton
“Am I going to sit here and tell you sacks don’t matter when it comes to (contracts?)” Mauro said. “Authentic Ryan Kelly Jersey,yNo. Those are money-makers. But as far as longevity, you’re probably going to weed yourself out., if you just chase the big payday
8/21/2017
Topic:
After practice: Nkemdiche as teaching tool

Bella
Bella
There is a flip side to teaching Robert Nkemdiche,who,Authentic Budda Baker Jersey, make no mistake,Authentic Chad Williams Jersey, is still trying to learn how to play his position on the defensive line. Every day, he is still in-progress.,you can see Nkemdiche’s power and athleticism and effort as he tries to bury his disappointing rookie season, but in technique and discipline (making sure he doesn’t jump offsides)
rookie fourth-round guard Dorian Johnson, who many times has been set up to face Nkemdiche. Before these matchups, Goodwin talks to Nkemdiche as much as Johnson,But the power/athleticism/effort also gives offensive coordinator/offensive line coach Harold Goodwin a powerful tool when it comes to teaching his young players. Specifically, and given the intensity in which Nkemdiche attacks, it’s some serious on-the-job training.
pushing Johnson way back. Clearly Johnson isn’t ready to play this season, but this is how he gets better,The final one-on-one rep was a Nkemdiche win, and that Nkemdiche can help in the cause is an interesting turn, given where he was at as a player last season when he was a rookie.
that you’re not in college anymore,Authentic Haason Reddick Jersey,— Left tackle D.J. Humphries was out working with the first unit most of practice for the first time since hurting his hamstring. “This whole situation kind of taught me to listen to my body a little bit,womens Haason Reddick Jersey,” Humphries said. “It felt good today.”
— Wide receiver John Brown did look better at practice,womens Budda Baker Jersey, making a handful of receptions in 11-on-11.
— Veteran receiver Jeremy Ross has picked up his play the last couple of days.womens Dorian Johnson Jersey, And he looked like he was running ahead of J.J. Nelson Wednesday.
— Tight end Ifeanyi Momah made another nice reception and like previous camps, has proven himself as a receiver. They already like his special teams work. He should have a spot on the roster. He needs to continue to work on his blocking.womens John Brown Jersey,
— LB Terrence Waugh left practice with some sort of leg injury.womens Chad Williams Jersey,
Bruce Arians noted that the best down-the-depth-chart receiver had been “‘Little Smoke” Chris Hubert. “He’s been wide-ass open,Authentic Dorian Johnson Jersey,” Arians said. “We just haven’t hit him.” Early in practice, Hubert ran a nice route to the right sideline of the end zone,— Earlier in the day, and he was wide open. Blaine Gabbert’s pass was too wide, however.
running the route ahead of wide receiver Jaron Brown. Safety Harlan Miller also had a pick. Rookie tight end Ricky Seals-Jones,Authentic John Brown Jersey, back from an ankle issue,— Patrick Peterson made a nice interception, had an impressive diving TD catch.
if, you know,— The first-team offense ran a quick screen to Jaron Brown. Tyrann Mathieu smelled it out and would have made a quick line-of-scrimmage tackle, they were actually tackling. “C’mon dog, you gotta set it up better than that!” Mathieu yelled. “Too easy! Too easy!”
8/22/2017
Topic:
BRANDON WILLIAMS NEEDS TO BE ONE OF NFL'S BEST DEF

Bella
Bella
After getting a big contract this offseason, Brandon Williams says he needs to 'prove my worth.' He should have more opportunities to pass rush this season.
Brandon Williams is already one of the NFL’s best dancers. No more evidence is needed than this dance-off with a young fanat Sunday’s open M&T Bank Stadium practice.
Now the Ravens’ lovable big man needs to become one of the league’s best defensive tackles.
Williams has been one of the NFL’s premier run stoppers the past three years. After signing a five-year contract,Authentic David Njoku Jersey, that’s reportedly worth $52 million and made him the highest-paid nose tackle in the league, Williams must take the next step.
“Now, I have to prove my worth,” Williams said.
“[There’s] more on Brandon’s plate, getting that extension and knowing what to expect out of him,” added safety Eric Weddle. “He’s got to be the best in the league, and he knows that.”
The Ravens could have gone in a different direction this offseason and relied on second-year defensive tackle Michael Pierce to take over the reins in the middle of Baltimore’s line. But the Ravens, who saw other big-name free agents depart, invested in Williams.
especially when the Ravens face Pittsburgh Steelers Pro Bowl running back Le’Veon Bell (at least) twice a year.,Defensive leader Terrell Suggs said keeping Williams was essential
” Suggs said. “It’s good to have a Raven stay a Raven.”,“Brandon Williams has proven himself
Williams had a lot happen this summer. After re-signing in early March, he got married, went on his honeymoon,womens Jake Elliott Jersey, then went to England to represent the team before its Week 3 trip to London. More and more,Authentic Jabrill Peppers Jersey,Authentic DeShone Kizer Jersey, he’s becoming the face of this defense and team.
“It was a very momentous year, but now it’s time for football, time to grind,” Williams said. “The honeymoon season is over, and now it’s time for football season. It’s time to kick butt and take names.”
he became a 14-game starter in his second year and has started every game the past two years.,Williams was a third-round pick out of unheard of Missouri Southern State. After a quiet rookie seasonwomens David Njoku Jersey,
Last year, Williams had the NFL’s seventh-best run stopping percentage among defensive tackles, per Pro Football Focus. As a team, the Ravens had the league’s fifth-best run defense, allowing just 89.4 yards per game. womens Jabrill Peppers Jersey,They were atop the NFL for much of the year but faltered down the stretch.
when Head Coach John Harbaugh arrived.Authentic Jake Elliott Jersey,The Ravens knew that if they were going to stop the run – which is their first priority – re-signing Williams for the long-term would ensure that. Baltimore hasn’t ranked in the NFL’s top 10 run defenses just three times since 2008
” Weddle said. “Anything short of that is unsuccessful and won’t be tolerated as a group.”,womens DeShone Kizer Jersey, “We expect to be one of the top run defenses in the league and top defenses
The next step in Williams’ maturation,Authentic Myles Garrett Jersey, and what will help him become one of the league’s best interior defensive linemen,womens Myles Garrett Jersey,is adding more pass rush to his game. He has 4.5 sacks in four seasons.
8/22/2017
Topic:
Brandon Williams brings survivalist's mindset to K

Bella
Bella
Brandon Williams brings survivalist's mindset to Kings: 'I smell the game'
The Scott Perry era in Sacramento lasted all of five minutes, Zach Randolph and Vince Carter., but the veteran NBA exec left a mark on the Kings franchise. His connections helped land top tier talent during draft season and he played a role in the free agent class that included high-end veterans George Hill
Perry left for the Big Apple after just three months on the job, Vlade Divac and his group looked for a versatile executive to fill the huge shoes left by Perry., creating a need in the Kings’ front office. With a clear understanding of what type of piece the team needed to add
up and comer Brandon Williams filled the vacancy on the staff when he was announced as the team’s new Assistant General Manager.,womens Larry Ogunjobi Jersey,On Sunday afternoon
” said Divac in the team’s official press release. “He is an experienced and talented basketball executive. His knowledge of player development and basketball operations combined with his legal skills will be a strong addition to our team.”,womens Howard Wilson Jersey,“We are so excited that Brandon is joining our front office team
Williams played just 18 games in the league over three seasons for three different teams. He spent another handful of years in the minor leagues and in Europe before changing paths.,Authentic Taco Charlton Jersey,He’s not a flashy name outside of NBA circles. As a player
“I had a very nomadic,Authentic Chidobe Awuzie Jersey,” Williams told NBC Sports California Monday via phone. “I do remember a visit into Arco Arena and experiencing Sacramento fans. You never forget that.”, hobo type of career
Ken Catanella,As for his role in Sacramento, Williams is looking to fill the gaps missing in the Kings front office. He’ll work alongside Divac, Mike Bratz and Luke Bornn., Peja Stojakovic
to be a partner and be a support,“I’m coming in to work for Vlade,” Williams said. “I’m really excited about his leadership.”, first and foremost
the 42-year-old Davidson grad worked his way through the league office before joining the Philadelphia 76ers staff four years ago. He was the Director of NBA Player Development from 2005-07 before taking the role of Associate Vice President of Basketball Operations for the NBA from 2007-13.,As an executive,Authentic Howard Wilson Jersey,
In addition to his experience as a player and league exec, business and contractual sides of the NBA.,Authentic Larry Ogunjobi Jersey Williams also holds a law degree from Rutgers University. He understands the scouting
I’ll be there to be one of his hands - whether it’s right or left,Authentic Zane Gonzalez Jersey,“I think across all personnel,womens Zane Gonzalez Jersey all day-to-day basketball operations matters,” Williams said of his role under Divac with the Kings., I’m here to be his deputy
Williams said there was a lot to be excited about in Sacramento.,womens Taco Charlton Jersey,,From the diverse team that Divac has assembled to a flock of young players to the new Golden 1 Center
Williams hopes to take his experience as a player that spent years trying to earn his way into the league to counsel the Kings’ young core.womens Chidobe Awuzie Jersey,He’ll look to build relationships and trust with the players as the team continues to rebuild its culture.
” Williams said of his time as a player. “But the mindset that I had to have in order to survive in order to have any kind of career,“I didn’t have the experience of being a first round pick, was one that I was going to fight for my career everyday.”, I was undrafted and I didn’t have a multi-year contract
Like Divac, not a sprint when you open a season with 10 players with two years of NBA experience or less., Williams walks in with the knowledge that the Kings rebuild will require patience. It’s a marathon
8/22/2017
Topic:
Patrick Peterson's teammates think he's having bes

Bella
Bella
Usually by the time a quarterback has been in training camp for three full weeks, he's ready to face a defense -- any defense -- other than his team's.
Not Carson Palmer.
The 37-year-old Arizona Cardinals quarterback has practiced against his defensive teammates 14 times since reporting July 21. But Palmer isn't aching or yearning to throw against the Oakland Raiders on Saturday night. He has been getting pushed enough by his own defense, which has some of the league's best players at specific positions.
"It's such a great challenge going against our defense when we see so many different things, you know at least," Palmer said. "There are days when you just don't know what you're going to see. At least in games, 'This is the kind of scheme they're going to run.' You know what to expect.
or they're trying completely different things,Authentic P.J. Williams Jersey,"There's days when we see completely different fronts or things we haven't covered,Authentic Pat Tillman Jersey, so it's a tremendous challenge."
Every day,womens Larry Fitzgerald Jersey, Robert Nkemdiche up the middle,Authentic David Johnson Jersey, Palmer is facing the likes of Chandler Jones and Markus Golden off the edge,womens Julio Jones Jersey, Haason Reddick at inside linebacker, Tyrann Mathieu at safety and Patrick Peterson at cornerback. That's half of a perennial Pro Bowl defense staring across at Palmer every day.
But none of them are having as good a camp as Peterson.
Once Palmer said he feels Peterson is having the best training camp he has seen from the six-time Pro Bowl cornerback, anyone asked about it fell in line with the same belief.womens David Johnson Jersey,
"This is the best I've seen him," Palmer sAuthentic Larry Fitzgerald Jersey,aid. "I told him that the other day."
in his seventh season,To which Peterson responded that,womens P.J. Williams Jersey,womens Pat Tillman Jersey, he's like a fine wine. He ages well.
" Palmer said. "He's contested every single ball. Not that he's broken up every pass,Authentic Patrick Peterson Jersey,"He's just had great practice after great practice,womens Patrick Peterson Jersey,but he's right on top of it."
Cardinals coach Bruce Arians quickly agreed with Palmer's assessment of Peterson's camp.
"He's in fantastic condition,Authentic Julio Jones Jersey," Arians said.
8/23/2017
Topic:
After practice: Nkemdiche limps off

Bella
Bella
Bruce Arians was talking at lunchtime about how healthy the Cardinals were getting. Then defensive tackle Robert Nkemdiche limped off to the locker room,Authentic LeSean McCoy Jersey, accompanied by a trainer. Looked like his left ankle or leg was bothering him. No way to know what it is — your first thought is that it isn’t serious,Authentic Luke Kuechly Jersey, it’s certainly an undesirable situation., but we’ll talk to Arians tomorrow — yet with the very good preseason/camp Nkemdiche has been having
— QB Carson Palmer took a rest day. So too did LB Karlos Dansby, but it’s been a while since he’s had a couple practices in a row., who finally came back to practice Monday. I’m sure they are just being careful with Dansbywomens Jim Kelly Jersey,
— With Dansby not out there, unless he collapses the rest of the preseason., Josh Bynes was taking first-team reps at inside linebacker with Haason Reddick in Bynes’ first practice following a hamstring issue.,womens Luke Kuechly Jersey, It sure looks like Bynes has a roster spot
— RB Kerwynn Williams was also sitting out practice. Not sure his aliment. Arians did not mention him during his press conference.
— The last two days, Reddick has been taking reps as an OLB/pass rusher during one-on-one drills with the offensive line. (Actually, but Arians had said they want to get him a little more exposure to pass rushing.,Authentic Eric Weddle Jersey, they have been two-on-two drills as the OL works on protecting on stunts and twists.) The Cardinals aren’t going to overwhelm Reddick with too many non-ILB things right now
— Is David Johnson getting to do enough? It’s interesting to watch the running back sprint 30,Authentic Jim Kelly Jersey, 50 yards through a play sometimes — occasionally he doesn’t even have the ball — in what looks like an attempt just to get some running in. (Side note: He’s fast. Faster than you think.),Authentic Sammy Watkins Jersey, 40
whoever is covering TE Jermaine Gresham better be ready. Gresham still plows into a defender who chooses to get in front of him.,Authentic Cam Newton Jersey,— During “thud” tackling
rookie QB Trevor Knight had a couple of nice 44-yard bombs to RB James Summers (over LB Chandler Jones) and WR Krishawn Hogan (over S Budda Baker.),— During scout team workwomens Eric Weddle Jersey,
preventing any kind of in-air contact,— Mostly though,womens LeSean McCoy Jersey, it was a practice of the defense.womens Sammy Watkins Jersey, Tyrann Mathieu was actually getting irritated late in the work because scout-look QBs were holding the ball so long against the No. 1 D (there would have been multiple sacks). Mathieu would have had one airborne pick before he yanked his arms down at the last second, Mathieu angrily batted the ball back into the turf. He knows he would’ve had the pick., and on another play where Knight short-hopped a receiver Mathieu had defended perfectly
— Guys that did get interceptions: CB Patrick Peterson, S Ironhead Gallon, and Baker.,womens Cam Newton JerseyLB Philip Wheeler in his first practice back from injury
8/23/2017
Topic:
After practice: Hurting John Brown “can’t rush it”

Bella
Bella
After practice: Hurting John Brown “can’t rush it”
John Brown worked in 11-on-11 situations in practice Tuesday. He didn’t run every rep he normally would,womens Derek Rivers Jersey, not healed from his quad injury. It was a sullen Smoke who talked about his situation. He clearly knows his absence is felt, because he is,For the first time in a couple of weeks, by his own admission after practice,womens Samson Ebukam Jersey, and he realizes many want him back on the field. But the wideout made it plain he wasn’t going to rush the process.
“I understand the situation at receiver but I’m just going to come back when I’m ready,” Brown said.womens Raekwon McMillan Jersey,
Brown knows his injury history. He’s also key to this offense. If he can get healthy in another week or two,Authentic Raekwon McMillan Jersey, that’s probably good enough. He needs to be healthy when the games count.
” Brown added. “My body is different than others. They expect me to come back fast,womens Cordrea Tankersley Jersey,“I can’t rush it,Authentic Dont'a Hightower Jersey, but I can’t.”
All the receivers heard Bruce Arians’ message from the day before. Larry Fitzgerald was supposed to have a rest day Tuesday.Authentic Charles Harris Jersey, He was out there practicing. On one touchdown pass to wide receiver Chris Hubert — who didn’t catch the ball as much as he was forced to catch the ball, barely turning around before a Trevor Knight laser lodged in his stomach — Fitzgerald bellowed “We’ve got 12 who can play! We’ve got 12 who can play in the league!”
only to have the ball go through Williams’ arms. But the dropsies went both ways. Safety Tyrann Mathieu,—womens Dont'a Hightower Jersey, It wasn’t a perfect day for on-notice receivers. Rookie Chad Williams got two yards behind a defender and QB Blaine Gabbert dropped in a gorgeous 39-yard bomb perfectly, safety Harlan Miller and linebacker Cap Capi all dropped sure interceptions. Capi would easily have had a pick-6 on a throw to the flat.
Nkemdiche still needs to work on proper technique. But if he doesn’t get it, second-string, third-string. The last time through he exploded into and through the chest of rookie guard Dorian Johnson. Clearly,Authentic Samson Ebukam Jersey,— Robert Nkemdiche was getting reps in one-on-ones against offensive linemen every time through a unit — first-string,womens Charles Harris Jersey,it won’t be for lack of coaching.
but Cole Toner worked with the first unit — and linebacker Josh Bynes also left practice early. Linebacker Markus Golden (ankle) missed a second straight practice.,Authentic Cordrea Tankersley Jersey,he practiced. Carson Palmer,womens James White Jersey,— DT Frostee Rucker was also supposed to have an off day but like Fitz,Authentic Donald Trump Jersey, Chris Johnson and Karlos Dansby sat. G Mike Iupati stopped taking reps midway through practice — not sure if it was injury-related
Chandler Jones and Scooby Wright at different times. Authentic James White Jersey, It’s not fair, if there was any question about how hard it is to cover running back David Johnson on pass plays,womens Donald Trump Jersey, it was painfully evident. Linebackers have no chance — Johnson twisted up Haason Reddick,Authentic Derek Rivers Jersey,— Finally, really.
8/24/2017
Topic:
WHY THE DELAY IN SIGNING DUCLAIR?

Bella
Bella
out indefinitely,‘Yotes Notes: Chychrun undergoes knee surgery
The Coyotes announced on Thursday that defenseman Jakob Chychrun underwent successful surgery to repair a knee injury that he suffered this week during offseason training. A press release from the team said Chychrun is expected to make a full recovery but will be out indefinitely.
including a timeline or the nature of the injury. The team will provide a further update once training camp begins on Sept. 14.,womens Jason Witten Jersey,The Coyotes declined to provide any further comment on the injury
Chychrun had seven goals and 20 points in 68 games in a surprise rookie season in which he made the roster unexpectedly after a terrific camp. If Chychrun isn’t ready for the start of camp or the season (Oct. 5),womens Tyron Smith Jersey, while Kevin Connauton mans the left side on the third pairing.,womens Zack Martin Jersey, the Coyotes may be forced to keep Alex Goligoski on the left side with either Luke Schenn or Adam Clendening as a second-pairing partner
WHY THE DELAY IN SIGNING DUCLAIR?
Anthony Duclair has been a restricted free agent for 34 days. All of the Coyotes’ other restricted free agents are signed and their shopping list in the unrestricted market also appears complete.
So what’s taking so long to get the third-year right wing under contract?Authentic Jason Witten Jersey,
“The easy answer is that Duclair didn’t have a good year,Authentic Cole Beasley Jersey,” said Coyotes president of hockey operations and general manager John Chayka,womens Sean Lee Jersey, who spoke to Arizona Sports before the news of Chychrun’s injury was announced. “Why isn’t Leon Draisaitl, but the truth is that same question can be asked of a lot of players in similar situations this summer, signed? Why isn’t David Pastrnak signed?, who had a great year
“I don’t think there are any real issues. I’m confident it will happenAuthentic Travis Frederick Jersey, . Some deals just taking longer but we’ve been working at it. A lot of deals feel like they’re never going to get done and then they get done in short order.”
Duclair’s agent, Kent Hughes has consistently said his talks with Chayka have been productive and positive,Authentic Tyron Smith Jersey,Chayka said he is still an important part of the team’s future., so neither side is indicating any sort of acrimony. While Duclair only managed five goals last season after a 20-goal rookie season
“Our main goal is to get Anthony back on the horse and playing his game, he’s a very impactful player. Scoring goals is the hardest thing in this league to do and he’s done it at every level.”,womens Travis Frederick Jersey,” Chayka said. “When he’s doing that
The Coyotes still have six weeks to forge a deal. Veterans report for training camp on Sept. 14.womens Cole Beasley Jersey,
So what’s taking so long to get the third-year right wing under contract?Authentic Zack Martin Jersey,
“The easy answer is that Duclair didn’t have a good year,Authentic Sean Lee Jersey,” said Coyotes president of hockey operations and general manager John Chayka,Authentic John Elway Jersey, who spoke to Arizona Sports before the news of Chychrun’s injury was announced. “Why isn’t Leon Draisaitl,womens John Elway Jersey, but the truth is that same question can be asked of a lot of players in similar situations this summer,Authentic Von Miller Jersey,signed? Why isn’t David Pastrnak signed?,womens Von Miller Jersey, who had a great year
8/24/2017
Topic:
Brandon Williams: Ravens shooting to surpass 2000

Bella
Bella
The Baltimore Ravens' defense still has to prove it's one of the NFL's best this season.
What has already been established: This defense doesn't lack confidence.
Nose tackle Brandon Williams is the latest to declare that this defense can be special,Authentic Bobby Orr jersey, suggesting this year's Ravens unit is shooting to eclipse one of the best in NFL history.
"The bar set by our defense is already very high," Williams told Gridiron Magazine. "The defense that helped us win that 2000 Super Bowl is the standard, and our goal is to notch it up even more, and every year we're trying to reach and surpass that standard. We're never satisfied and we always want to get better."
This comes two months after safety Tony Jefferson said this defense has "an opportunity to be legendary." Ravens coach John Harbaugh also said after the draft that the expectation is for this defense to be "great."
Pursuing the Ravens' 2000 defense, is a lofty goal. The Ravens posted four shutouts that season,Authentic Cam Fowler jersey, which strong-armed the franchise to its first Super Bowl,Authentic Corey Perry jersey, the most since the 1976 Steel Curtain defense in Pittsburgh. They gave up the fewest points (165) over a 16-game schedule and the fewest rushing yards (60.6 a game). Both records still stand.
The Ravens are banking on this year's defense to be dominant after the resources devoted to that side of the ball.
Baltimore spent $56.75 million in guaranteed money on its defense in free agency. The Ravens signed Jefferson,adidas Ryan Getzlaf jersey, the No. 1 free agent in ESPN's rankings; and brought in Brandon Carr,adidas Ryan Kesler jersey, the top available safety; re-signed Williams,adidas Shane Doan jersey, a nine-year starting cornerback.
Baltimore also used its first four draft picks this year on defensive players,Authentic Mike Smith jersey, adding cornerback Marlon Humphrey, pass-rushers Tyus Bowser and Tim Williams and defensive end Chris Wormley in the first three rounds.
"The defense that is being built in Baltimore is one of the best," Williams said. "We're going to do something really special this year, adidas Mike Smith jersey,I can feel it. Our defense is amazing.",adidas Bobby Orr jersey,
Baltimore was the best defense for the first 13 weeks of the season in 2016, Authentic Oliver Ekman-Larsson jersey,holding teams to 296.1 yards per game. But the Ravens gave up an average of 400 yards in the final quarter of the season, when they lost three of their last four games to fall out of playoff contention.
The Ravens' veteran players report to training camp Wednesday and hold their first full-team practice on July 27.adidas Corey Perry jersey,
"Why wouldn't you set that kind of high bar?" Williams asked. "You don't set yourself a small goal -- you shoot for the moon and land among the stars. You need to have the highest of goals, and if you get close to them,adidas Cam Fowler jersey,that's amazing."
Baltimore spent $56.75 million in guaranteed money on its defense in free agency. The Ravens signed Jefferson,Authentic adidas Ryan Getzlaf jersey, the No. 1 free agent in ESPN's rankings; and brought in Brandon Carr,Authentic Ryan Kesler jersey, the top available safety; re-signed Williams,Authentic Shane Doan jersey, a nine-year starting cornerback.
Baltimore also used its first four draft picks this year on defensive players,adidas Oliver Ekman-Larsson jerseyadding cornerback Marlon Humphrey, pass-rushers Tyus Bowser and Tim Williams and defensive end Chris Wormley in the first three rounds.
8/25/2017
Topic:
Campbell taking on bigger roles for Falcons' defe

Bella
Bella
Jones, Campbell taking on bigger roles for Falcons' defense
The Atlanta Falcons put Deion Jones and De'Vondre Campbell on a quick learning curve for linebackers last year.
Having shown they could handle added responsibilities as rookies, Jones and Campbell will have their roles expanded this season as the Falcons try to make it back to the Super Bowl.
to excel as a pass rusher.,The Falcons want Jones to be more vocal on the field, in the meeting room and in the locker room. They want Campbell, who switched in May from weak side to strong side linebacker
Through the first 2? weeks of training camp, coach Dan Quinn has described Jones as louder and looser since the team began voluntary workouts in March.
but yelling at veterans?,It took a while for Jones to feel empowered as a rookie. He did what was required of every middle linebacker, convening the huddle,Authentic Ryan Hartman jersey, calling out alerts and lining up the front seven before the snap
That didn't come naturally until the Falcons reached November.
"It took a good bit of time and it was after that Philly game that it really clicked," Jones said Sunday. "I needed to communicate more,Authentic Artemi Panarin jersey, be more physical,adidas Patrick Roy jersey, get everybody on the same page and get ready to play fast."
Jones has exceptional speed in coverage and in closing against the run, a sure ticket to get noticed by NFL scouts. He went on every team's radar at LSU's pro day,adidas Nathan MacKinnon jersey, running the 40-yard dash in 4.38 seconds and then getting clocked again at 4.40 seconds.
Quinn was thrilled when Jones still available late in the second round of the draft. He knew the Falcons were getting a special player, and once they got him on the field,adidas Gabriel Landeskog jersey, Jones' physical traits stood out.
Jones finished the season with a team-high 108 tackles,Authentic Nick Foligno jersey, 11 pass breakups, three interceptions, two touchdowns and one forced fumble. Quinn wasn't surprised by those numbers. He knew what Jones could produce if he had a chance to play.
even for a guy who's approachable and smiles easily.,Changing Jones' personality took longer
"When I go back and see maybe the first half of the season, he was more rigid, he didn't even know how to celebrate with the guys. It was like,"adidas Artemi Panarin jersey, Quinn said. "Even when he made a play, 'I did my job.' Now you see the communication take place all along."
Campbell is still learning his new position.
As the strong-side starter, 232 pounds, he will be responsible for covering tight ends and beating their blocks to make tackles. At 6-foot-4, he has the size to handle the role while the Falcons prepare rookie Duke Riley, a third-round pick from LSU,adidas Ryan Hartman jersey,to become the weak-side starter.
But the Falcons have added a wrinkle to Campbell's responsibilities as a pass rusher.
"They came to me right before OTAs and threw the idea out, just told me to try to learn it,Authentic Patrick Roy jersey," Campbell said. "I played a little closer to the line of scrimmage before,adidas Seth Jones jersey,so I was open to it. I thought it was something I could be really good at."
Campbell signed up again with former Falcons defensive end Chuck Smith, who trained him before the NFL combine,Authentic Gabriel Landeskog jersey,to learn the nuances of pressuring the quarterback. Smith ranks third in career sacks with Atlanta and doesn't sugarcoat his critiques.
" Campbell said. "I really want to master the cross chop and the size scissors because I would consider myself to be more in the category of a speed rusher. I think those can be really good moves for me if I master them and learn to time them up.","Authentic Nathan MacKinnon jersey, I knew he had the resume to get me to where I really want to go
dropping into coverage to intercept a pass. He could've returned the pick for a long touchdown but his foot touched the sideline.,Authentic Scott Hartnell jersey,Campbell looked sharp in last week's preseason game at Miami
At least he's seeing the field more clearly this year after undergoing offseason Lasik surgery.adidas Scott Hartnell jersey,
' " Jones said. "It was a great play.adidas Nick Foligno jersey, I told him if he didn't wear a size 14 (shoe) he would have stayed inbounds.","We call him 'New Vision
Notes: RB Devonta Freeman left the field about 20 minutes before practice ended because of a heat-related issue. Quinn said he would have more information on Monday. It was the second time in camp that heat has forced Freeman, the NFL's highest-paid running back, inside. ... All-Pro WR Julio Jones practiced after missing the preseason game with a tender foot. He is recovering from offseason surgery.Authentic Seth Jones jersey,
8/25/2017
Topic:
Beauchemin signs one-year deal with Ducks

Bella
Bella
and his third stint probably will be the final NHL season.,Francois Beauchemin keeps coming back to the Anaheim DucksAuthentic Danny Shelton Jersey,
The veteran defenceman agreed to an incentive-laden one-year contract Monday to return to the Stanley Cup contenders.
Beauchemin won the Cup in 2007 during his first tenure with Anaheim from 2005-09. After leaving for Toronto as a free agent,womens Corey Coleman Jersey, when he left again for Colorado in free agency.,womens Cody Kessler Jersey, he returned to Anaheim in a trade in February 2011. He was a mainstay on the Ducks' blue line until 2015
"I've always said I wanted to end my career (in Anaheim),womens Cameron Erving Jersey," Beauchemin said in a phone interview. "And then things changed a couple of years ago and I became a free agent, and now I have a chance to go back and finish my experience with the Ducks. Obviously (my career) couldn't end a better way. I'm thrilled and I'm excited for that chance.", couldn't work out a deal
Ryan Getzlaf and Corey Perry are still with the Ducks from their 2007 championship team, who also returned to the Ducks last season., and they all played for coach Randy CarlyleAuthentic Cameron Erving Jersey,
physical defenceman. He ranks second among all Anaheim defencemen in goals (53) and plus-minus rating (plus-47).,The 37-year-old Beauchemin has 73 goals and 198 assists in 836 career NHL games as a dependableAuthentic Cody Kessler Jersey,
Beauchemin had nine post-season assists during Anaheim's run to the 2015 Western Conference finals, but he left for Colorado when the Ducks wouldn't match the Avalanche's three-year,Authentic Carl Nassib Jersey, but they bought out the last year of his contract in June., $13.5 million offer. He played in all but one game over the past two seasons with the struggling Avs
" Beauchemin said. "After that,"Obviously I was really disappointed about being bought out,womens Emmanuel Ogbah Jersey, being a free agent, but I didn't really have the feeling of moving my family once more.", I had a few teams calling
Beauchemin and his wife,womens Paul Dawson Jersey, Marie-Claude, and Beauchemin had basically decided his career was finished unless he landed a spot on Canada's Olympic team. The family planned to move back to Quebec next year before the Anaheim-born kids were too old to adjust.,womens Carl Nassib Jersey,had decided to stay in Denver for the winter
Anaheim general manager Bob Murray called Beauchemin on Sunday and offered a chance to contend for a Stanley Cup again in a familiar setting.Authentic Corey Coleman Jersey,,Instead
"He will bring valuable leadership and help our young defencemen build character and be successful NHL players,womens Danny Shelton Jersey, as Francois has been in his career, and his passion and drive to win is unquestioned."Authentic Shon Coleman Jersey,," Murray said. "We feel Francois still has a lot to give
The Ducks won their fifth straight Pacific Division title last season and reached the conference finals for the second time in three years. Beauchemin will have to carve out playing time on the Ducks' loaded blue line alongside Cam Fowler, womens Shon Coleman Jersey, Kevin Bieksa and young rising stars Hampus Lindholm, Josh Manson and Brandon Montour., Sami Vatanen
Beauchemin still thinks the upcoming season will be his last.,Authentic Emmanuel Ogbah Jersey,Although he feels re-energized
and I don't want to play until I can't play,"I'm still healthy," Beauchemin said. "Now I feel good, and after that it's probably going to be time to go back home.",Authentic Paul Dawson Jersey,and I'm excited to play this season
8/25/2017
Topic:
Game 3 - Overtime All Over Again,Ten Years Ago: 2

Bella
Bella
I have been re-watching a few hockey sundries. Most recently, both power play goals were pretty no-chance for Lehtonen,Because it is summer, I revisited Game 6 against Minnesota, and man oh man, but the Kari Pressure Narrative and all that.), that game. It’s still, it turns out, way too soon for me to impassively watch that 4-0 lead crumble in the face of a 3rd period onslaught that revealed what happened when the Stars’ defensive strategies were put to the ultimate test. (Also
I was struck by the contrast in eras as much as anything. Well,womens Quinten Rollins Jersey, that’s a lie--I was mostly struck by the way Pierre was simultaneously insufferable and uninterested in a Stanley Cup Playoff Game, no,Authentic Brett Hundley Jersey, why wouldn’t you mail it in now and then? I digress.,Anyway,womens Nick Martin Jersey, but hey,Authentic Kevin Johnson Jersey, when you can say anything with impunity
So yeah, with the ultimate game-winner coming of a Goligoski point shot that deflected up into the air,Authentic Tyler Ervin Jersey, here, just last summer,womens Benardrick McKinney Jersey, only to be eventually kicked into the goal by Devan Dubnyk himself., they couldn’t drive play until they were on the brink of elimination and embarrassment. For Lindy Ruff and the Stars, were two NHL coaches who couldn’t get a grip on their teams when it mattered most: for John Torchetti and the Wild, they couldn’t find a way to close out a team that had suddenly noticed a weakness inherent in the Top Western Conference Team. The hockey that followed was banana sandwichwomens Brett Hundley Jersey,
the contrast: looking at this 2007 Dallas/Vancouver series which this post is actually supposed to center on, it also coincided with a very sweet year in my own life) for the chaotic goods it bestowed upon us Stars fans,Anyway, it is apparent that here, womens Braxton Miller Jersey, were two coaches who could still get their teams to play a certain way. ,womens Ty Montgomery Jersey, Tippett’s Stars were persistent and methodical, and Vigneault’s Canucks were crafty and deliberate. These are all just adjectives, this was completely different hockey, but the point is, in the midst of My NHL’s “More Penalties Will Fix Everything!” campaign, but I do miss the days of Playoff Hockey without the Bane-Juice machine hooked up the to the television set.,Authentic Quinten Rollins Jerseyten years ago, than what we saw in the Stars’ most recent playoff run. I will forever love the 2015-16 season (and on a personal note
and the stage seemed set for them to start to impose their will on the series. In two games,Authentic Ty Montgomery Jersey,Anyhow,Authentic Nick Martin Jersey,Game 3: the Stars were headed to Dallas fresh off a victory, and the Last Change seemed not an insignificant advantage for a team still very much capable of matching up against almost* any team in the league.,womens Kevin Johnson Jerseythe Stars had largely seemed to drive play
remember,Authentic Benardrick McKinney Jersey,*Detroit was still insane back thenwomens Tyler Ervin Jersey,
maybe they’ll win this time,So it was that the Stars finally gave their home fans a playoff game. It just kinda sucks that it turned out to be this playoff game, whoops spoiler sorry hey don’t worry, let’s talk about, better keep reading and click on some ads thanks. Okay
just words. No one knows what comes next in the playoffs,,Authentic Braxton Miller Jersey, Turco’s words were, at the time, and he chose hope. It remained for his teammates to follow his lead., or in life. Marty Turco could only only hope in speech or despair
8/27/2017
Topic:
Penguins ink veteran center Jay McClement to pro t

Bella
Bella
the Penguins will bring veteran center Jay McClement into training camp.,Authentic Zay Jones Jersey,Looking at a potential addition to the thinnest part of their depth chart
McClement,Authentic Christian McCaffrey Jersey, 34, has signed a professional tryout contract,Authentic Curtis Samuel Jersey, the team announced Friday night.
McClement's claim to fame is his work on the penalty kill. Since the 2004-05 lockout,womens Lorenzo Alexander Jersey, he leads all NHL forwards in short-handed time on ice, logging 200 short-handed minutes more than Anaheim's Ryan Kesler, the second-place player on the list.
Last season, averaging almost two minutes per game.,Authentic Tony Jefferson Jersey, McClement led Carolina's forwards in short-handed ice time
having won better than 50 percent of his draws in six of the last seven seasons. His career winning percentage is 52.2.,Authentic Tre'Davious White Jersey,Authentic Dion Dawkins Jersey,McClement is also known for his ability in the faceoff circle
he had five goals and eight points in 65 games.,Authentic Nathan Peterman Jersey,McClement is not known for his offensive abilities. He hasn't topped eight goals or 21 points in any of the last five seasons. Last year with the Hurricanes
McClement is a 12-year pro who broke into the league with St. Louis in 2005 and has also played with Colorado and Toronto.womens Zay Jones Jersey,
the Penguins were left with a gaping hole at the center spot on their depth chart. McClement could help fill the void they left on special teams. Bonino and Cullen were the top two forwards in short-handed ice time on the Penguins roster last season.,Authentic Lorenzo Alexander Jersey,After Nick Bonino left for Nashville and Matt Cullen signed with Minnesota in free agency
if not before opening night. Bringing in McClement on a tryout likely won't change those plans.womens Christian McCaffrey Jersey,,General manager Jim Rutherford has asserted since early July that he plans to trade for a third-line center by the early part of the season
a position he figures to compete with second-year pro Carter Rowney for in training camp. Rowney played 27 games as a 27-year-old rookie last season.womens Nathan Peterman Jersey,,McClement would slot in more logically as a fourth-line center
the Penguins were left with a gaping hole at the center spot on their depth chart. McClement could help fill the void they left on special teams. Bonino and Cullen were the top two forwards in short-handed ice time on the Penguins roster last season.,After Nick Bonino left for Nashville and Matt Cullen signed with Minnesota in free agencywomens Dion Dawkins Jersey,
All-Star defenseman Roman Josi will make $4 million per year through 2019-20 on a seven-year deal he signed before 2013-14. Fellow blueliners Mattias Ekholm ($3.75 million per year through 2021-22 on a six-year deal) and Ryan Ellis ($2.5 million per year through 2018-19 on a five-year deal) are also locked up to smart contracts below current market value.womens Curtis Samuel Jersey, All three players averaged more than 23 minutes of ice time last season and they are all 27 or younger.
At forward, Poile signed first-line center Ryan Johansen to an eight-year, $64 million contract this offseason. He also inked first-line winger Viktor Arvidsson to a seven-year, $29.75 million deal. Along with first-line winger Filip Forsberg -- who signed a six-year,womens Tony Jefferson Jersey,womens Tre'Davious White Jersey,$36 million contract in the summer of 2016 -- the Predators' top trio has three 30-goal scorers being paid a combined $18.25 million. All those forwards are 25 or younger..
1234 ..24