HomeNew discussion

New Project

LB Matt Judon Embracing Starting Role On Ravens De Messages in this topic - RSS

5 days ago
On the Oakland Raiders' opening drive Oct. 8,Authentic Hunter Henry Jersey, in part because of excellent coverage by Ravens linebacker Matt Judon,Authentic Denzel Perryman Jersey, quarterback EJ Manuel dropped back and floated a pass to the end zone intended for Raiders tight end Jared Cook. The pass fell incomplete, who ran step for step with Cook down the right sideline.
It was plays such as that that led Ravens defensive coordinator Dean Pees to say Oct. 12 that Judon had "a great game in all areas" during the Ravens' 30-17 win at Oakland in Week 5.
"I think the guy played an outstanding game … all the way across the board," Pees said.
and a pass breakup during the win. Through five games (three starts),Judon was credited with four tackles, Judon has 10 tackles, one for a loss, two passes defensed and a fumble recovery.
A fifth-round draft pick last year out of Grand Valley State, drop in coverage and essentially be a more complete player than last year, Judon has shifted from a backup role as a rush linebacker as a rookie to a starting role as an edge-setting strong-side linebacker. He is being asked to set the edge against the run, when his role was to rush the quarterback in limited action.
Judon is listed at 6-foot-3,Authentic Travis Kelce Jersey, 12 pounds lighter than last season,Authentic Spencer Ware Jersey, 263 pounds, and that has given him more range and quickness.
Ravens linebackers have struggled in coverage at times this year,womens Joey Bosa Jersey, when tight end Marcedes Lewis caught three touchdown passes. Lewis got behind linebacker C.J. Mosley for one touchdown,Authentic Max Tuerk Jersey,Authentic Craig Mager Jersey, perhaps never more so than against the Jacksonville Jaguars in Week 3, and beat rookie linebacker Tyus Bowser for a touchdown on a route similar to the one Judon covered well in Oakland.
Judon was almost exclusively a pass rusher at Grand Valley State,Authentic Mike Williams Jersey, where he led all college players with 21 sacks in 2015, but he said he has been comfortable dropping in coverage.
"I don't think a ball's been completed on me this year, so I'm feeling pretty comfortable, I'm probably going to have a target on my back," Judon said. "Me having said that, but I think the [jersey No.] 99 put a target on my back when I'm out there dropping in coverage. So welcome to anybody that throws the ball to me, and I'm just going to continue to try to make plays."
Through five games, Judon has yet to record his first sack after registering four in limited action as a rookie,womens Travis Kelce Jersey,womens Spencer Ware Jersey, but he said he has no concerns about that.
"It'll come," he said. "I can't think about it,womens Hunter Henry Jersey,womens Max Tuerk Jersey,womensv Denzel Perryman Jersey,womens Craig Mager Jersey,womens Mike Williams Jersey,Authentic Joey Bosa Jersey, and I'm not going to stress over it. I'm just going to play my game and hopefully they come in bunches."
0 link