HomeNew discussion

New Project

Should fans be optimistic about 2018? Messages in this topic - RSS

Bella
Bella

1/12/2018
Bella
Bella
a fractured tibial plateau,Authentic Tashaun Gipson Jersey,Can the Texans be fixed? Do they have even a glimmer of near-term championship potential or will they forever be a lost cause, a ripped pectoral muscle or a torn ACL waiting to happen?
I've seen too many things go so terribly wrong with our NFL franchise - after watching too many things go so terribly wrong with our previous one - that I'm pre-programmed to expect the worst. Example: My reaction to the horrifying news that Deshaun Watson had blown out his knee just as he was beginning to fashion a résumé that would inevitably lead him to Canton was,Authentic Marqise Lee Jersey, as students of the game and not just rah-rah types, of course he did." As a result,Authentic Jason Myers Jersey, I sought outside counsel, care-worn sportswriters but from true Deep Steel Blue fans,Authentic Jermey Parnell Jersey, "Well, and not from fellow jaded, everymen who care deeply about the Texans' fortunes but,womens Malcolm Butler Jersey, haven't drunk the Kool-aid.
A dinner was arranged. A long-ago bet needed to be paid off anyway. I'd won it by predicting last March that Tom Savage would be the Texans' opening-day starter at quarterback. My buddies - I'll call them Charlie, who's in public relations, if you re-examine their respective preseason performances," respectively. Obviously, who works for a prominent winery - went with Brock Osweiler (he'd yet to be traded) and an "unnamed rookie, Jim's "unnamed rookie" should have been the guy, no, and Jim, but, the fix wasn't in with Bill O'Brien. I'd simply thought, I knew O'Brien well enough to assume he'd opt for the veteran, all things being remotely equal. And, you'll see they were.
Emmaline's pork chops and veal Milanese ordered, wine glasses filled and fond reminisces of the Astros' glorious autumn adventure dispensed with, we set out to explore where the 4-12 Texans go, from six consecutive losses and a last-place-in-the-AFC-South finish. Spoiler alert: Their optimism astonished and, if anywhere, in the end, infected me.Authentic Brandon Linder Jersey,
"Twelve-and-four next season and the Super Bowl," Charlie said.womens Tashaun Gipson Jersey,
Oh dear, that Kool-Aid pitcher is looking a little empty.,womens Marqise Lee Jersey,
But, first,womens Jason Myers Jersey, as did I, what I would hear over the next couple of hours and,womens Brandon Linder Jersey yes,womens Jermey Parnell Jersey,a couple more glasses of wine, laid the blame for same at the feet of the now-in-limbo general manager Rick Smith with Jim specifically lamenting how much quality talent has been lost in free agency,womens Stephen Gostkowski Jersey,Authentic Malcolm Butler Jersey, was considerable frustration over myriad bad personnel decisions. Both gents, from Glover Quin (2013) on through A.J. Bouye (2017) with Connor Barwin (2013),Authentic Devin McCourty Jersey, Brooks Reed (2014), Brandon Brooks (2015) and Ben Jones (2016) in between. Every one of them except the Lions' Quin is preparing for a playoff game as we speak.
"can't we keep our own players?" he said. "What's up with that? That's been a problem."Authentic Stephen Gostkowski Jersey
Added Charlie: "I heard they didn't even talk to Quin (about re-signing) and he's been one of the best free safeties in the league since he left Houston."
Quin,womens Devin McCourty Jersey, his abilities faded and his locker-room presence poisonous, who has made 80 consecutive starts for the Lions with 16 interceptions, was deemed expendable, as if anybody needs reminding, helped wreck the 2013 Texans despite playing only five games before being waived. Or, because owner Bob McNair and his general manager thought Ed Reed would be a major upgrade. They thought wrong. Reed, better, summarily dismissed.
However, the Patriots included, my dinner companions possessed unconditional faith in Watson's magical powers, his surgically-repaired ACL notwithstanding, will open doors wide for the Texans if they can manage a couple of quick fixes.Jim said Tom Brady's average stats of late - six TD passes, and they were quick to point out how the current general malaise afflicting the entire AFC, five picks over the past five games plus a sub-.500 completion-percentage Sunday against the Jets - offers clear evidence that time catches up with everybody, even a GOAT quarterback with five going on six Super Bowl rings who became the first 40-year-old to lead in the NFL in passing yards in 2017.
"Without Brady being Brady, "the Patriots are nothing special," he said, just another team."
0 link