HomeNew discussion

New Project

Panthers' Shaq Thompson 'starved' himself in offse Messages in this topic - RSS

Bella
Bella

10 days ago
Bella
Bella
The Tom Brady diet consists of a lot of fresh vegetables,Authentic Graham Glasgow Jersey, brown rice, whole grains,womens Jake Rudock Jersey, Drive-ins and Dives." The Cam Newton diet consists of a lot of fish; he's a pescatarian., quinoa -- you know,the stuff not featured on "Diners
So how did Carolina Panthers outside linebacker Shaq Thompson drop 10 to 12 pounds during the offseason?Authentic Kenny Clark Jersey,
" he said.,womens Jason Spriggs Jersey,"I starved myself
Thompson didn't literally starve himself to reach his rookie weight of 228 to 230 pounds. He simply cut out what some consider the most important meal of the day.
" the 2015 first-round pick out of Washington said.,womens Kyler Fackrell Jersey,"Breakfast
although Carolina rookie Christian McCaffrey made him look silly on Sunday with a double-move during one-on-one drills.,Thompson got lean because he felt it would help him better keep up with the wide receivers and running backs he'll have to cover this season. For the most part it's working
expect him on the field more -- a lot more.,But while Thompson weighs less
That won't be easy. Middle linebacker Luke Kuechly and outside linebacker Thomas Davis consistently are called the best pair of linebackers in the NFL by coaches preparing to face the Panthers.
Thompson?
They say nice things about him, the third-year player has been overshadowed., but not to the level of his Pro Bowl teammates. For the most part
that may be about to change.,Again
The plan is to increase Thompson's role from a year ago when he stepped in some at middle linebacker while Kuechly was out the final six games recovering from a concussion.
mind you.,womens Graham Glasgow Jersey,Thompson isn't demanding more playing time
His performance is demanding it.
he's just relentless. ... He loves the game. And he studies. He wants to know. You can't just tell him drop by the curl flat. He wants to know why.,Authentic Jake Rudock Jersey,Authentic Laken Tomlinson Jersey,"Did you watch the film? Did you watch the games?" safety Mike Adams said. "You could just see him flying around. Even in practice
that's when you elevate yourself to the next level.",womens Laken Tomlinson Jersey,"That's one thing that is so important about football. Once you as a player understand why you're doing something
Playing middle linebacker helped Thompson grow.
" Thompson said. "That helped me out a lot,,"Knowing the Mike [middle linebacker] position,Authentic Kyler Fackrell Jersey, you have to know the whole defense,Authentic Damarious Randall Jersey, just seeing formations and recognizing plays a lot faster.",especially going into this year. It makes things much easier
Convincing Davis to take a break might be the biggest challenge. womens Kenny Clark Jersey,The heart and soul of the defense played 91 percent of the defensive snaps in 2015 and 94 percent in 2016. Thompson played 33 and 50 percent of the snaps the past two seasons.
That the Panthers want to keep the 34-year-old Davis fresher for a playoff run will help drive this.womens Damarious Randall Jersey, But ultimately Thompson's play is what will keep him on the field.
"He's just a young fireball that runs to the ball, Authentic Jason Spriggs Jerseywho admired Thompson the past two years while playing in Indianapolis. "He's athletic. He's going to be in this league a long time. He's going to be a great player."," said Adams
Carolina's defense should progress to another level. The Panthers could go from having the best two linebackers in the NFL to the best three.,As Thompson takes his game to the next level
” Carolina coach Ron Rivera said of Thompson.,"He's too productive a guy for us to rotate him on and off
That Thompson can play all three outside linebacker spots and even play nickel if called on adds to his value.
That he no longer feels he needs the added weight to play the run in the box shows his confidence level already has risen.
"I feel like I hold my own," Thompson said. "I use speed and power. But I really lost it to get out there and cover."
And he really didn't starve himself.
0 link