HomeNew discussion

New Project

Preston: After strong offseason, Matthew Judon on Messages in this topic - RSS

Bella
Bella

8/12/2017
Bella
Bella
Few players can reshape their body in such a short time the way Matthew Judon did.
A year ago,Authentic Kevin White Jersey, after a strong offseason in the weight room during which he lost 15 pounds,Authentic Eddie Goldman Jersey, he was a rookie outside linebacker from Grand Valley State who had good power but carried too much weight. Now,he is on the verge of becoming possibly the team’s best all-around linebacker.
No Ravens player can attest to that more than right tackle James Hurst,womens William Jackson Jersey, who has seen Judon every day in practice for the past two training camps.
“He’s definitely got the burst, womens Hroniss Grasu Jersey, I would say that he was more of a power guy. This year,” Hurst said. “Last year, he is more balanced. I think he dropped a little weight. So he’s got that burst off the line to threaten you that maybe he didn’t have in his rookie year.
“So, I think it’s going to be great for him. I think we’re going to see the results on the field in sacks when they pile up for him.”
The sack total is likely to improve from a year ago,womens Eddie Goldman Jersey, , but the Ravens want to see more tackles. Judon is making the transition from rush linebacker to the strong side. He was a part-time “go fetch” type of player last season, and his main job was to get to the quarterback.
Now,womens Kevin White Jerseyhe has to take on tight ends on running plays. He also has to hold the edge,Authentic William Jackson Jerseyhe has to hold the perimeter. Instead of coming off the outside shoulder of a tackle, which means he is consistently meeting 320- to 335-pound pulling guards head on.
“I am cutting them all. Put that in the headlines for tomorrow, laughing. ,Authentic Tyler Boyd Jersey, “Pulling guards are getting cut. But seriously,” said Judon, this is a good opportunity for me. I am involved in getting more drops [into pass coverage] and I am moving around all over the field. It’s good to be involved in more plays.”
Judon could turn into one of the team’s biggest success storiesAuthentic Hroniss Grasu Jersey,. He was a fifth-round pick in the 2016 NFL draft but became a fan favorite last preseason with defensive tackle Michael Pierce as they kept contributing sacks.
Ravens coach John Harbaugh was reluctant to give Judon a lot of playing time because there were so many other players ahead of him like Terrell Suggs,womens Tyler Boyd Jersey, Elvis Dumervil, Za’Darius Smith and Albert McClellan.
0 link