HomeNew discussion

New Project

Mike Preston: Ravens need a healthy Breshad Perrim Messages in this topic - RSS

Bella
Bella

8/10/2017
Bella
Bella
The Ravens are keeping quiet about the availability of receiver Breshad Perriman. Maybe it’s because his hamstring injury is more serious than expected or there is no need to rush him back onto the practice fields.
It’s probably the latter. Perriman, in his third season, an unhealthy group of tight ends and an injured quarterback who is good but not great., is the X-factor of the offense in 2017. Everything else about this unit is predictable. The Ravens have a solid running game, a below average offensive line
The top two receivers are set and they know what they’re getting there, too. On one side is speedster Mike Wallace,Authentic Haason Reddick Jersey, who can play inside or outside and become a possession-type receiver., who can turn a short pass into a big play. Then there is versatile veteran Jeremy Maclin
As for Perriman,Authentic Dorian Johnson Jersey, he has no value at this time but he is an intriguing prospect. As of Thursday he missed his third straight practice with a hamstring injury.
Before the injury Perriman was having a good training camp. In fact,womens Dorian Johnson Jersey, there was notable progress in every offseason minicamp. His confidence had grown and you could see it in his route running., since last season
He was getting his arms away from his body to catch passes. His sheer speed allowed him to blow by cornerbacks. Perriman was starting to look like the receiver the Ravens expected when they made him the team’s top draft pick and No. 26 overall selection in the 2015 NFL draft.
Those dreams aren’t gone but the Ravens are in limbo even though hope is still alive.
“He was having a good camp. I’m excited about him. Things happen for a reason,womens Haason Reddick Jersey, and maybe this is a blessing in disguise,” Ravens coach John Harbaugh said after Thursday’s practice. “We’ll continue to work on all the things he needs to work on, and things like that., in terms of his body, catching
“I would say he’s had a ‘plus’ camp, and hopefully, but that’s what we have right now.”, it’ll lead to a really good season. I’ll also follow with: I wish we had him out there practicing the rest of the time,Authentic Budda Baker Jersey, obviously
If Perriman can play and stay healthy,Authentic Chad Williams Jersey,Authentic T. J. Logan Jersey, he presents a lot of problems for defenses. Like Wallace a year ago,womens T. J. Logan Jersey,womens Chad Williams Jersey, Perriman can work underneath and turn a short clearing pass into a long gainer.,womens Budda Baker Jersey, when he teamed with Steve Smith Sr.
With Wallace as the No. 1 receiver and Maclin in the slot, Perriman should be able to win a lot of matchups against No. 2 or No. 3 cornerbacks. He can be the primary target or a decoy, which is the great equalizer., but opposing teams always have to respect Perriman because of his speed
“I hope you guys see what I see just in terms of his approach mentally – [it’s] great, but the route running and catching the football has greatly improved. I think he has been a lot more consistent.”,” Ravens receivers coach Bobby Engram said. “You see the raw speed on the field
We’ve only seen glimpses of Perriman’s star potential. He was targeted 66 times last season and had 33 catches for 499 yards and three touchdowns. But for each tough catch he made there were several others that simply bounced off his hands or body.
0 link